1. How long has Midtown Furniture been in business?
In 1952 Midtown Upholstery opened a small store on Queen Street W. in Toronto. In those days, the sofas sold were manufactured on the premises. It was a small store that earned its reputation by offering high quality products and excellent customer service. In 1984 a new warehouse and showroom was built to our specifications, and Midtown Furniture Mississauga was born.
We are a large full line furniture store carrying top name brands from quality suppliers both at home and abroad. Our website (http://www.midtownfurniture.ca/) is designed as an information site so our customers can view the many products and services we provide in the comfort of their home. Our huge showroom is located at 1655 Dundas Street East in Mississauga. We encourage you to stop in and visit. We always have in store specials that will amaze you.
2. Where do we deliver?
We deliver anywhere in Canada and the USA. We have local drivers as well as
international freight forwarders that work with us on a regular basis.
3. Why are Midtowns prices so good?
Our overhead is extremely low.
Our dedicated staff has been with us for many years which help streamline orders while
increasing efficiencies. Finally, we have been dealing with many of our suppliers for
decades and often negotiate value pricing. After 61 years we know how to bring our customer quality furniture at the lowest possible prices.
4. If I find a lower price on the same item will you price match?
Absolutely! We will never knowingly be undersold on brand name, first quality, factory
5. How do I use your web site?
Just browse down the manufacturers list on our home page to find the product you have always wanted and give us a call. We will be pleased to look after you promptly and efficiently.
Locally at 905-624-8759 or 1-888-624-8858 .
6. How can I save the most money with Midtown?
The more items you buy, the lower our cost of shipping, handling, and processing.
This will be reflected in an even lower price to you! Give us a call and see for
yourself just how much you can save!
7. What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Interac, certified cheque or
8. What do you require for a down payment?
Customers may pay the full amount up front or opt to pay a down payment of 1/3
of the total purchase price. The balance of the purchase is due upon shipping.
9. What type of payment plans do you offer?
We offer financing and payment plans. We can
customize your payment plan to suit your requirements. Ask our sales staff if your
purchase qualifies for our No Interest payment plans.
10. How long does it take to receive my order?
The delivery time depends on the manufacturer. If the items are in stock at the
manufacturer, orders can be anywhere between 1-4 weeks. Custom upholstered items like sofa
sets or special finishes offered on bedroom and dining rooms usually have to be produced by the manufacturer usually shipping in 6 weeks from the day the order is placed. Note: These are estimates, not guarantees. Items that we carry in stock can be delivered within days.
11. When will I be contacted before delivery?
You will be contacted by our office staff when your order arrives at our warehouse and a delivery date will be arranged on a day that is convenient for you.
12. What does the delivery service include?
Our delivery service will open the boxes inspect and deluxe, then place the furniture
in the room of your choice. If they are unable to fit the furniture into the designated
area, the furniture will be placed in an alternate area of your home. It is the customers
responsibility to make sure the item fits into the room before they order. The drivers
will leave the empty boxes where you specify, or remove them upon request.
13. What do I need to do regarding delivery and setup of the furniture?
- Either you or someone you designate needs to be on location for the delivery. This is important because at this point the furniture must be examined by the customer and then the delivery slip must be signed and accepted.
- Please have the room cleared of old furniture and a path to the room clear for the delivery.
- Please measure your room and stairways if applicable to make sure the furniture will fit properly. If we cannot safely place the furniture in the desired space, then it will be placed in an alternate area of your home. Some of the items we sell are very large and heavy and do not go up stairways or around turns very well. If you are unsure if an item will fit, please ask your sales person for exact measurements prior to ordering.
14. What if the furniture is damaged on delivery?
While we have very little damaged merchandise, transit and slippage does occur on
rare occasions. Please take your time and inspect all the furniture upon delivery and
note any damages or defects on the signed delivery slip.
15. If an item needs to be repaired, how good will it look?
When a repair is done, you will never know it was repaired!! The in-house repair
technicians used by us are more than simple repairmen, they are more like artists. We
have a lot of confidence in their ability.
16.Can I pick up the items instead of having them delivered?
Yes, you can pick up your furniture from our warehouse located in Mississauga, or at any of our out of town designated warehouses.
Please contact a sales rep for information regarding pick up details.
17. What happens if I change my mind once I've ordered?
Your order is immediately placed with the manufacturer and scheduled for production.
Most manufacturers will not allow a special order to be cancelled after it has been
placed into production. Therefore, our ability to allow a change on your order will be
determined by our ability to change the order with the manufacturer. Special orders
cannot be cancelled. Any other order cancellations are at Midtown Furniture's
discretion only, and there will be a 50% restocking fee + shipping fee charged to the
customer if the furniture has left the manufacturer.
To place an order call: 1-905-624-8759 or 1-888-624-8858.
Midtown Furniture--since 1952
1655 Dundas Street East
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 10am-6pm
Thursday and Friday 10am-9pm
Sunday 12 noon-5pm